Located at %Appdata%\Leppsoft, which is equal to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Leppsoft.
Soundpad stores a working copy of the current sound list, backups of the sound list and the stats at this location.
It's the predefined location for recordings, too.
Located at the installation directory, which you chose when installing Soundpad.
The default directory is C:\Program Files\Soundpad.
- Folder languages: Contains translations.
- Folder logs: Contains driver logs and crash dumps.
- Folder sounds: Contains some demo and notification sounds.
- File Soundpad.exe: The main executable with the graphical user interface.
- File SoundpadService.exe: Handles hotkeys and auto keys. Is automatically launched and closed by Soundpad.
- File UniteFx.dll: The driver extension component.
- File UniteFxUpdate.dll: Only Steam edition. New versions of the driver extension component. As the original UniteFx.dll may be locked while updating, this one is used. Soundpad handles the installation on startup automatically.
- File UniteFxControl.dll: Removed as of version 3.2.14. The communication to the driver extension was packed in this library.
- File license.dat: Upon registering a full version of Soundpad this file removes the trial limitations.
Driver extension files
As of version 2.4.6 the driver extension component UniteFx.dll (or UniteFxUpdate.dll of the Steam edition) is copied to C:\Windows\system32\UniteFx.dll.
This fixes critical issues, which prevent Soundpad from working. The driver extension component is then loaded up by the system.
Only Steam edition: If UniteFx.dll is locked in the system directory when being patched, then it is renamed to UniteFxOld.dll and marked for deletion on reboot.
Each time you play a sound on the microphone the sound's play count is increased and its last played date
is updated. This helps you to keep track of often and less often played sounds, so you don't annoy your
friends by playing the same sound over and over again.
You can show the play count and the date when a sound was played the last time by right clicking the sound list header and selecting Play count and Last played on.
The stats are saved at %APPDATA%\Leppsoft\stats.spl.
Stats are persisted beyond sound lists, but get lost when you move a sound file from one hard drive partition to another.
You may also show the all-time play count by selecting File ▷ Stats ▷ Show all-time play count from the menu. The count will be shown in the status bar.
You can reset all play counts by selecting File ▷ Stats ▷ Reset play count from the menu. This menu entry is followed by a confirmation dialog.
You can check for updates manually by selecting Help ▷ Check for updates from the menu.
You can also turn on automatic update checks in the preferences at
File ▷ Preferences ▷ Updates.
You can choose between Never, which is the default, Daily and Weekly update checks.
The check is done once a day or once a week on application startup. When an update is found, you will see it in the status bar and can then start the update by selecting Help ▷ Check for updates from the menu.
If you don't want to grant Soundpad an internet connection, then you can always download the latest version from here and install it onto your current version. The installer will keep your settings untouched.
When Soundpad is executed in user mode without administrative privileges, then there are these limitations:
- Hotkeys, that you press in higher privileged applications, are not recognized.
- Auto Keys won't be pressed in higher privileged applications.
- Auto Keys, that are configured to be pressed when certain applications are running, won't be pressed if such applications are run with higher privileges.
To have the above limitations removed, you have to run Soundpad as administrator.
Here is an instruction, how to do it:
- Search the Soundpad.exe, right-click it and select Properties.
The default installation directories are:
Standalone version: C:\Program Files\Soundpad\
Steam edition: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Soundpad\
- Check Run this program as an administrator at the bottom of the Compatibility tab.
- Restart Soundpad if you had it running.
4.5 Registering the full version
After purchasing the full version you will receive your serial number by email.
Download and install the free version of Soundpad if you haven't done that already.
Now, you can unlock the paid features in two ways:
Start Soundpad and select Help ▷ Register from the menu.
Then enter your serial number there.
This way requires an internet connection to the registration server.
- Without granting an internet connection to Soundpad, you may visit the registration page and follow the instructions there.